iPhone 13 unlock
Unlock your iPhone 13: cut costs, maximise flexibility and supercharge resale value
2021 was a year of mixed emotions. Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th president of the United States, a cargo ship blocked the Suez Canal and disrupted the global economy, SpaceX launched its first all-civilian spaceflight, and Kabul fell to the Taliban. In the same year, Apple released its fifteenth-generation smartphone. The iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max were unveiled in September 2021 at Apple Park in Cupertino. Despite global supply chain challenges and looming disaster, buyers flocked to purchase the flagship devices ten days later.
The fifteenth-generation iPhone features major component upgrades over its predecessors, despite the iPhone 12 being one of Apple’s most successful ever releases. The iPhone 13 design is mostly unchanged. However, due to larger lenses and improved functionality, the camera module covers more of the devices rear cover. The Face ID and front camera module is also 20% smaller than previous devices.
Most importantly, the iPhone 13 series featured dramatic functional improvements. Notably, Apple upgrades its processor, including the latest A15 Bionic processor which featured more 5G band to support more carriers globally. The A15 processor capable of performing 15.8 trillion operations per scored, 43% more than its predecessor. The iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max featured Super Retina XDR OLED displays with improved brightness and a variable ProMotion display which helped the devices increased battery life. Battery lfie is perhaps the most important feature on any new device, as users rely more on their mobile and functionality grows more intense, improved battery life is essential to realise functional benefits and improvements. The iPhone 13 series all boast greater battery life than their predecessors, most notably the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max boast 1.5 and 2.5 more hours respectively. Both models can also charge with MagSafe and wireless charging. Perhaps the most significant improvement in the iPhone 13 series is overall camera performance. The iPhone 13 Pro series is widely accepted and having the most impressive camera suite of any smartphone. The camera features a macro mode capable of focusing as close as 2 centimetres, a Cinematic Mode allowing users to create shallow depth of field, a computational photography engine, and an ultra-wide camera featuring autofocus for the first time. Both cameras are also capable of increased digital zoom.
The global smartphone market has exploded in recent decades, several billion people now own devices. Apple command a large percentage of this total market, offering customers a connected global ecosystem of commercial electronics. Further, since Apple launched the iPhone in 2007, owning the latest device is imperative for tech fans and regular consumers alike. But smartphone ownership comes at a cost, new devices are expensive, and prices have rose in recent years. Of course, major network providers have made ownership easier by selling locked devices on ‘contract’. However, these devices can only ever be used with SIM cards sold by the network issuing the handset.
Considering Apple shipped more than 56 million iPhone 13s in a single quarter, and 40 million more during the holiday period, millions of users are stuck with locked devices. Fortunately, DirectUnlocks can easily unlock your iPhone 13 from the comfort of your own home.
Why should you unlock your iPhone 13?
- Most smartphone users eventually sell their device, either to pay off their current contract, purchase another smartphone or raise money for personal spending. The market for second hand devices has grown substantially as users refresh devices more frequently, meaning nearly new devices are available at a fraction of the cost. Commercial and private buyers pay more for unlocked devices than they do for locked alternatives. When selling the latest device, selling for as much as 20% more can be a difference of hundreds of pounds. Buyers recognise that unlocked devices are much more functional and desirable and so are willing to pay more for them.
- We’ve all experienced painful roaming charges, a reality hitting home following Britain’s departure from the EU. When travelling with a locked device, various countries impose varying roaming charges, which impose a cost for using your device abroad. This differs depending on the location but can be incredibly expensive. Unlocking your iPhone 13 might help avoid roaming costs. When travelling with an unlocked device, users can visit a local store, purchase a domestic SIM-only package, swap out their network SIM, and continue using their device as normal for a fraction of the cost. This is a huge benefit for business travellers and regular jetsetters!
- The global economy is in tatters, Westerners face a cost-of-living crisis and rising monthly costs. Consumers are looking for ways to reduce their outgoings, and every little counts. Unlocking your iPhone 13 can reduce yearly outgoings by £240. Once unlocked, you’ll be able to cancel your network airtime contract and replace your SIM with a competitive alternative.
Now it’s obvious why you should unlock your smartphone, DirectUnlocks can help you unlock iPhone 13 devices from the comfort of your own home in just four simple steps. How to unlock your iPhone 13!
- Simply enter your device IMEI in the form above, select the correct country and carrier, then click ‘Buy Now’ to begin unlocking. Our unique software will automatically identify your device make and model.
- Once payment has cleared, we’ll begin processing the unlock. For most users this will take less than 24 hours. Once complete, even a firmware update won’t change your device’s lock status.
- As we unlock your device, you’ll be able to track progress on the DirectUnlocks portal. 24/7 customer service is also available to answer any questions you might have.
- Once we’ve unlocked your iPhone 13, we’ll notify you by email and SMS. Unlike competitors, Apple devices don’t require a code and are unlocked remotely and automatically.
DirectUnlocks been unlocking devices for years, successfully delivery thousands of unlocks to many customers. Our vast experience means we know the market and can support you with any issues you might experience. Trust us, we’ll make it easy for you!